Today I’ll talk about Paris, and, in particular, about some good places to better enjoy some romantic moments and take some nice sunset pictures.
There is something special in this city, everything looks big and perfectly represents the French grandeur….. The picture at the beginning of this article has been taken from the terrace of Notre Dame cathedral where the famous Gargoyles statues lie….
DISCLAIMER: the present article has been realized in pure amateur form with a mere recreational, personal, non profit intention. Therefore, the author cannot guarantee in any case the absence of errors or the freshness of the informations reported. For this reason he strictly invites any reader to also search for more informations about the same arguments inside other external sources, and to report any eventual mistake to the author through the Contact page on this website. In any case the author will not be responsible for any action committed by anyone following the reading of the informations reported inside this article
Following are some valid panoramic points:
- Seine river banks: the Seine offer 2 panoramic banks, with the north one being better for the sunset. In particular, i found many tourists enjoying the panorama from the part of the north bank close to Ile de La Cite’ and Ile de St.Louis, near the cathedral of Notre Dame. In this area it is possible to sit down and relax at the edge of the bank, or to have a walk while eating an ice cream, while looking at the sun setting and the Bateau Mouges ships going back and forth along the Seine
- Pont Neuf and other bridges: another great idea is to watch the Eiffel tower or the silhouette of the pinnacles of the Concergerie building from the bridges of Ile De la Cite’, especially after visiting the Gargoyles for example
- Climb on top of NotreDame: you can climb on top of the NotreDame bell tower to see the Gargoyles on the terrace while enjoying a wide view of the city. I needed to stay in queue at least 2 hours before the closing time….they close early and they can even close the door in front of you when it’s almost your turn. The first time it really happened to me too…The atmosphere here is special, with Gargoyles which seem to protect Paris like guardians….The ticket office is just on the left side of the cathedral, at the base of the left tower (looking at it from front)…Probably, this is the best sunset view of the entire city
- Relax on Ile De St Louis: when you finish with Gargoyles and get down again, it can be a good idea to relax on the north bank of Seine in the Isle the St. Louis as seen in the picture below…it is possible to watch the bateaou mouge ships going back and forth, the sun shining through the trees, and hearing the Notre Dame bells filling the air with such a smooth and sweet sound……
- Sitting in a Paris Cafe’: sitting in a Paris cafe’ is special as well, with the seats facing the street countrary to the typical configuration of cafes in other cities where 4 seats face the same table…..at sunset, it’s even more romantic
- Montparnasse Tower: lastly, many people like to climb over the Eiffel tower, but if you do it, you won’t be able to see it anymore because it will be under your foot. Instead, as an alternative, another interesting spot could be the Montparnasse skyscraper, from which, by visiting its terrace, you will be able to enjoy another great view of the city at sunset, which of course will include the Eiffel tower too, right in front of your eyes
- Roof of Arc de Triomphe: you can climb on top of Arch De Triomphe to visit the museum, which offers the opportunity to go outside in the terrace to get a 360 panoramic view of the city, togheter with a nice overview of the Champs Elysees and the district of La Defense with its modern buildings…..you can even see the Eiffel tower from here
Thanks for reading!
Copyright © Moyan Brenn and Earthincolors.wordpress.com
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Small excerpts or the pictures contained in the article may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Moyan Brenn and Earthincolors.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content